For the fruit skewers: Seasonal and tropical fruit, to include ripe pineapple, melon, ripe mango, bananas, blueberries, kiwi, grapes, figs, pears, tangerines, oranges
Plastic re-useable skewers
For the dips: make a couple of these … or invent your own!
Banana and orange dip: third of a ripe banana, quarter of an orange, natural yoghurt, pinch of cinnamon
Honey and mascarpone dip: mascarpone, runny honey, lemon or lime juice
Berry dip: liquidised berries, greek yoghurt, a little runny honey
Mango and lime dip: mango puree, greek yoghurt, few drops lime juice
- With your teacher’s help cut each fruit into same-sized chunks (not too small)
- Put all your fruit in your bowl ready to skewer
- Make four fruit skewers with your cut fruit
- Banana and orange dip: mash the banana down with your mini whisk. Squeeze in the orange, add the yoghurt and a pinch of cinnamon
- Berry dip: Mash down the defrosted berries and stir in the yoghurt and the honey.
- Mascarpone dip: Whisk the mascarpone and add the honey and a few drops of lemon juice
- Mango dip: mix mango puree with greek yoghurt and few drops of lime
- Enjoy your fruit!