Ingredients. Makes 8 squares
60g (about 6 medium) soft Iranian dates
40ml runny honey
25ml virgin coconut oil
2 dessertspoons (25g) raisins, pre-soaked in water (to stop them burning in the oven)
18g dried mango
25g (about 4) dried apricots
15g dried cranberries
60g rolled oats
Coconut oil, for greasing the tins
- Tear the dates in half and remove the stones
- Put the dates into your bowl and mash them down, using a fork
- Add the honey (weigh it straight into your bowl of dates)
- Using a blunt knife roughly chop the dried apricots and dried mango and add these to the mixture.
- Add the raisins and cranberries
- Add the melted coconut oil (your teacher will give you this) and the oats.
- Stir the mixture very thoroughly until everything is mixed in.
- Grease your tray with a little coconut oil
- Spoon the mixture in, using spatula to scrape it all out of the bowl, then use a flat knife to evenly spread the mixture over the tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes until evenly brown.
- Mark out eight squares, and leave the bars to cool on the tray.
- Once they are cool, separate the bars and carefully pack them away, using a palette knife. Eat one of your granola bars and take the rest home to share!